Record of the week - BBC Introducing😎😀
Wow – ‘Beautiful Day’ record of the week on BBC Introducing Shropshire last night (3rd August) .
Second time we have had a record of the week in the last year – how good is that! – thank you Simon, Chloe and the rest of the BBC Introducing team.👍
- Studio time booked for early December to record a new album
- What a brilliant last weekend in July we had…playing The Wakes on Friday Night and then Funk in The Forest on Saturday.
To everyone who came to see us a massive thank you.
Especially at The Wakes…It was our second time playing here and what a great night you all made it with your fantastic and enthusiastic support on a very hot evening... A lot of new people seeing us for the first time as well…and buying our CD’s – so hopefully we hit the spot for you!
From all of us….👍😎😁✌️
- 'Picture Scene' got its first radio play on BBC Introducing
- New 'live' video of 'Taxi Rank' taken at the N.A.C show earlier this year - take a look - click the link - https://youtu.be/Rkof8c6YkCI
- Looking forward to getting back out and playing at The Wakes and Funk In The Forest this month - check out /shows for details
Great way to finish off the month playing an acoustic set at the Wolverhampton Arena last Weds - What a great venue - never been before but its worth checking out folks - they have some really great acts on - thanks as always to those of you who came to see us and to those of you who saw us for the first time - you were a great crowd and made us feel very much at home.
Really looking forward to going back to play at the Wakes in Oakengates on Friday 26th July. It was our first gig last year with the new line up and was a cracking night. Tickets are available through us so please get in touch with any one of us in the band to reserve yours – they sold out fast last year so let us know ASAP how many you want. They are £5 each./shows /contact
Only a couple of weeks until we play an acoustic set at the Wolverhampton Arena. Three great acts on and its FREE Entry – hope to see some of you there./shows
Feeling well pleased that ‘Wrong Side Of Love’ was featured on BBC Introducing Shropshire - first track from the new EP to get radio time
- What a great way to kick of the month - check out the new video for 'Beautiful Day' - /videos We had a great laugh and a lot of fun making this video - filming some of it at local landmarks where we spent our teen years growing up. Directed and produced by Justin Griffiths – Brill job Justin.
‘Try Boy’ Video recorded live at the NAC - https://youtu.be/YZ7WvR7X_js
We loved playing this song and had a great night at The Newhampton Arts Centre last month.
Hope you enjoy it (pop your headphones on for this one) and thanks again to everyone who came to see us - we will be going back to the NAC on Saturday the 9th of November so pop it on your calendar.
Great two day video shoot for the new 'Beautiful Day' video. The sun was shining and got some great shots around Tettenhall Green ... looking forward to releasing this is the next few weeks.
- Saturday 9th November booked to return and play at the Newhampton Arts Centre - pop it in your diary folks - ticket info to follow.
- Looking forward to playing an unplugged acoustic set at the Wolverhampton Arena on the 26th June - and its FREE to get in. For details:/shows
- Wow what a great night we had playing to our home crowd at the NAC on Tuesday night - great venue, great support, great fun - check out some pics /photos
- We will be live on the Gary Hazlehurst show on Nova Radio Newport 8pm Sunday 14th April. We will be popping in for a chat with Gary about the new EP 'Beautiful Day' and playing a song live on his show. Tune into 97.5FM or got to https://novafm.co.uk/ and listen in.
- Beautiful Day' our new EP now available from our website to download/listen: /music
Fancy a sneak preview of 4 of the tracks from our new EP ‘Beautiful Day’ - listen in to this weeks Jason Forrest In the Milk Bar show – you can hear a quick interview with us and listen to ‘Picture Scene’ and ‘Beautiful Day’ 6:54 into the show, ‘Wrong side Of Love’ 36:22 into the show and ‘Ripples’ 47:49 – listen @ https://themilkbar.podbean.com/e/jason-forrest-in-the-milk-bar-episode-509/?fbclid=IwAR3g7ulB0gTTF1NJXhZm5a6cACuoW9FU0PfNCmNLDvgLuJC6sX86KRMN1RY
Not many tickets left now for our show at The Newhampton Arts Centre on the 23rd April where we will launch the new EP and we will be joined by the fantastic Jasmine Rodgers as our special guest.
Tickets available from: http://www.newhamptonarts.co.uk/kornastone-live-at-the-nac/
- WOW - How pleased were we when BBC Introducing Shropshire played ‘Slipstream’ on last weeks show – that means that all 9 tracks from the ‘Oh My Days’ album have been featured on BBC Radio -and this coming weekend BBC WM 95.6 will also be playing ‘Slipstream’ on their Saturday night show – so if you’re not out an about Saturday night tune in and have a listen!
- So pleased to announce that the wonderful and very talented Jasmine Rodgers will be our special guest when we play at The Newhampton Arts Centre on the 23rd April. Check out Jasmine on YouTube: https://youtu.be/QAF05Wxqf8M If you haven’t already - grab a ticket and join us for a special night of original music
- Tickets on sale now from: http://www.newhamptonarts.co.uk/kornastone-live-at-the-nac - Or, message us direct at email@example.com
- NAC Wolverhampton 23rd April - Tickets now on sale http://www.newhamptonarts.co.uk/kornastone-live-at-the-nac/
- 'Love & War' video taken from the forthcoming new EP - watch the video at https://youtu.be/gAnS7M0NEsI
- Dates confirmed so far for 2019 - will let you know details re tickets & timings etc ASAP but pop them on your calendar for now Kornastoners we're looking forward to seeing you! - 23rd April - Newhampton Arts Centre (NAC) Wolverhampton– So excited to be playing this fully seated home town venue - Plus we will be launching the new EP at this gig. - 26th June – ‘No Amps, No Chat, No Charge! at the Arena Theatre, Wulfruna St, Wolverhampton– This is an unplugged acoustic session. - 26th July – The Wakes, Oakengates – We had such a great time and were made so welcome at The Wakes last year we can’t wait to go back and play it again. - 27th July – Funk in The Forest – 3 day festival set in the ancient hills of Powys – we will be performing on the Saturday. More dates and info to follow - stay tuned!
- "Cornerstone" taken from the "Oh My Days" album was featured for the first time on BBC Shropshire last night. That's 7 out of the 8 tracks on the album that have been aired on BBC radio so far - not bad going for a debut album! Thank you BBC
- The new E.P. is now well underway. All songs recorded just the final mix and mastering to complete before releasing in the next few months. Can't wait to share these tracks with you...stay tuned for more updates.
- Drum tacks have now been put down by Keith for the the 5 tracks we will be recording this month in the studio - will keep you posted on these and hopefully have a sneak preview to share with you soon of the new EP that will be coming out in 2019 - Cant wait to get in the studio and get these new tracks recorded.
- Have continued to get weekly airplay on BBC introducing WM and Shropshire with both 'Eloise' and 'Feeling Like A Fool' being played over the last few weekends.
- Started work on prepping to record the new EP in December.
- 'Eloise' got its first airplay on BBC Introducing Shropshire
- Various tracks from the the album have been getting regular air play on more local radio stations - North Highland Radio -TD1 - Mad Wasp Radio - Target Radio and of course BBC Introducing West Midlands and Shropshire.
- Were all ready and looking forward to this Fridays gig at The Hummingbird Wolverhampton - to everyone who has purchased tickets -thank you - See you Saturday.
- Just been told that BBC Introducing West Midlands will also be playing "Sunset Line" on their Saturday show - 13th October. Well chuffed to have got air play on another BBC Introducing station.
- "Sunset Line" got its first radio play on BBC Introducing Shropshire. Adam and Jolon who host the show have been great supporters of ours this year - so far playing every song we have sent them...many thanks to them and the team at BBC Introducing Shropshire
- Mick Andrew Reynolds is going to be featuring our tracks over the coming weeks on his various radio stations...one of which is Target Radio this Weds 10th October - www.targetradio.co.uk - Thanks Mick
- Played at the Stone Food and Beer Festival on Saturday 6th - It was a wet and windy day but we had great fun doing the set. Many thanks to everyone who came to support us.
Tickets go on sale for our home City gig on the 12th October at 'The Hummingbird' Wolverhampton (used to be called the Little Civic) from 10am Friday 21st Sept...visit: www.ticketsource.co.uk/hummingbirdwolverhampton for details.
Studio booked for December 2018 to start recording the next album.
Details of playing in October at the Hummingbird (used to be called the Little Civic) in Wolverhampton to follow shortly.
- What a fantastic start to the month - three back to back gigs - Pattingham, The Wakes (sold out) and Codfest (sold out to a 1000 people). We had just the best of times playing these, so much fun, great crowds and fantastic welcoming receptions at all of them - very humbling to know you all love the songs so much - See you at the next one.
- "Oh My Days" - The album is now out and available to download - got to /music
- After 4 days in the studio last month we now have three more tracks completed. "Sunset Line" "Try Boy" & "Cornerstone" are now up loaded to our music page - have a listen /music
- "Sailing Ships" - ON BBC INTRODUCING - BBC Introducing Radio Shropshire 96 FM will be playing "Sailing Ships" for the first time on this weeks Adam Crowther and Jolon Kemp-Walker show starting at 8PM Saturday 11th August - Big shout out and thank you to the guys at Radio Shropshire for their support as this will be the fourth track in a row submitted to them over the last 4 months - all of which have had multiple airplay's on their show
Delighted to let you know that Martin Ratcliffe (Guitar) Keith Allen (Drums) and Louise Carey (Violin) have now joined us for the live shows we have coming up.
- Tickets for "The Wakes Theatre" Oakengates Telford Friday 31st August are now on sale. They are £5 each...please email us if you need tickets.
- "Oh My Days" has now been played for four weeks on BBC Shropshire Introducing.
- Four days in the studio - 3 new songs put to bed - "Try Boy" "Sunset Line" & "Cornerstone" - now in the final mix and mastering stage so they should be up on the website in the next week.
- "Oh My Days" First radio play BBC introducing 7th July 2018.
Check out the NEW "Oh My Days" video feat. Jim Lea of Slade : /videos
- What a great time we had last night (Tuesday June 19th) shooting the video for for 'Oh My Days' and 'Eloise'. To everyone who came along to support us and cheer us on thank you - we had a brilliant time and a lot of fun and we hope you did as well. And a huge thank you to Jim Lea who came to support us and play on the video. Jim is a good friend of Jamies and both Jamie and Dave got to support Jim last year at his 'An Audience with Jim Lea at the Robin 2' gig. As life long Slade fans it was a boyhood dream and real privilege for them to perform with Jim last year at the Robin 2 - to then have Jim join and play along side them on one of their own songs last night was truly amazing. The video will be out in a few weeks - so keep watching!
- Three more days in the studio and another two tracks completed - listen to both tracks on our music page - "Slipstream" (Headphones highly recommended) and "Eloise" (Just jump and rock it out to this one)...enjoy!
- "Riverside" uploaded to BBC Introducing and receives first Airplay 2 days later on Radio BBC Shropshire - listen to the full track "Riverside" /music
- "Taxi Rank" & "Riverside" - now available to download for FREE /music
- Cornerstone - Facebook – YouTube – Single Release - Taken Down . After some 15 years performing as Cornerstone and having finally got around to putting our heads above the parapet it seems our recent publicity and the release of “Taxi Rank” as a single has got us noticed in other lands!There is another band from Austria who are also called Cornerstone and they hold a registered trademark for the name. We tried to hold onto our name in the UK but due to them holding the trademark they were able to insist on having our YouTube, Facebook and the single ‘Taxi Rank’ taken down. Anyway, rather than go for a complete new name, and after reaching agreement with Cornerstone Austria, we have changed the band name to Kornastone – and re branded the website www.kornastone.com - We have had to restart a new Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/kornastoneuk - Although now lost your endless support, comments and 1000's of views over the last few months on our original page have been massively uplifting and encouraging – it has meant a lot to us and we have really appreciated it - so please re follow us at our new page as we start the journey again. At the end of the day it’s the music that counts – keep it real folk.
- Great night at the Jam House Birmingham (1st May) for the Gavin Monaghan Acoustic Session - See some pics @ /photos
- Interview with Jason Forrest and acoustic performance of new song called "Try Boy" - see videos /videos
- See "Taxi Rank" Official Video /videos
- "Taxi Rank" Official Record Of The Week - BBC Radio Shropshire
26th March 2018
- BBC Radio Introducing gave "Taxi Rank" its first ever radio play last night - how blown away were we when they then announced it as their record of the week - Massive thank you to Jolon Kemp-Walker and the team at BBC Introducing Shropshire and to everyone who has supported and helped us get "Taxi Rank" out there over the last couple of months.
- "Taxi Rank" is released April 20th and is available now to pre-order
- You can listen again on BBC iPlayer Radio for up to thirty days at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p060wfcb we are 11.15 mins into the show from 24/3/18